19.9.14

Cairns Day 5 Friday



On my last day in Palm Cove, I decided to wake up extra early to catch the first rays of the morning light. I ended up getting up thirty minutes too early and spent that time lying on a pool chair on the beach shivering. But when the sun began to rise, it was spectacular. 




These photos are a mixture between GoPro, Canon EOS 550d and my iPhone 5, some of which are edited using VSCOcam.








It really was such a beautiful last sunrise.






It really is like a little slice of Thailand. Minus the tourists and pesky locals trying to sell you anything they possibly can.



After the beautiful sunrise I went and sat with mum and Nick whilst they ate the awful provided breakfast. I decided to skip the torment my stomach would have to endure. We spent the morning getting our things packed and then lay by the pool up until we had to leave.




We actually made it to the airport on time! In fact we had lots of time to spare. We ate sushi, and I ended up buying a book called "A Stolen Life" by Jaycee Dugard. If the name sounds familiar it is because you have most likely heard it on the news. She was the girl kidnapped in America who ended up having two children with her kidnapper. It is a pretty intense story. But it is well written and I honestly couldn't put it down. It only took me a couple of days to finish it. Do recommend. 







This was just a single three hour flight unlike my flights on the way to Cairns. Which meant 'yay aeroplane food'! I think I had some sort of beef dish, which honestly wasn't that bad. 



This was my first flight since I was a kid that I haven't been seated right on the wing. You don't understand how much of a privilege this was for me! I apologise for all the window photos but I couldn't help myself. I was just so darn happy that I didn't have to look at a wing the whole time.






Flying over the Great Barrier Reef!!









Hey Sydney, we're home. Thanks for being as miserable as you could possibly be.


I'm not sure where this little ray of sunshine came from, because when we got off the plane it was pouring with rain.


"Never leave me again!"
Don't tell Sassie but I am going on a Cruise at the end of September! So excited!!






erica

No comments:

Post a Comment